Subject: GCSE Computer Science Year: 10 Exam Board : OCR
Course Code: J276
Assessment and (Provisional) Examination / Assessment Dates:
• Paper 1: Computer Systems– 1h 30m: (May 2019)
• Paper 2: Computational Thinking – 1h 30m: (May 2019)
• Paper 3: Programming Project (20 hour classroom based exam) –( Oct 2018 – Dec 2018)
• Learn Python – an online tutorial on all aspects of programming in Python which can be found at https://www.learnpython.org/
• Teachers – our teachers are very supportive and will make themselves available for students if they agree a time to meet
• Targeted interventions – these will take place by invite with parents/carers informed and we strongly recommend attendance
Areas of study and assessment components:
All areas of study and assessment components are shown below. In year 10, students will be completing a mix of “Computer Systems” and the “Computational thinking, algorithms and programming” units along with a mock of the “Programming Project” unit.
Students will receive homework every fortnight, please check GO4Schools.
Recommended Revision Guide
We strongly recommend the purchase of the following books to aid continuous learning and revision.
For more information see the Subject Leader: Mr A Omitola email@example.com