Assessment and (Provisional) Examination / Assessment Dates:
• Paper 1: Computer Systems– 1h 30m: May 2019
• Paper 2: Computational Thinking – 1h 30m: May 2019
• Paper 3: Programming Project (20 hour classroom based exam) – Dec 2017 – Feb 2019
• Learn Python – an online tutorial on all aspects of programming in Python which can be found at https://www.learnpython.org/
• Teachers – our teachers are very supportive and will make themselves available for students if they agree a time to meet
• Targeted interventions – these will take place by invite with parents/carers informed and we strongly recommend attendance
Areas of study and assessment components:
All areas of study and assessment components are shown below. In year 11, students will be completing the “Computational thinking, algorithms and programming” and “Programming Project”.
Students will receive homework on a weekly basis
Recommended Revision Guide
We strongly recommend the purchase of the following books to aid continuous learning and revision.